December 8, 2016

Too Quickly

I may have over done it today, in my attempt to heal more quickly. I must have crossed that damn bridge at least six times today. And as a result my foot is throbbing, swollen and has sharp shooting pains in a lot of strange places. The cold that I kicked last week came back with a vengeance during block three and has had me a bit knocked out all afternoon.


The foot was feeling good this morning, so I was up, standing, moving, walking, etc…and the reality is that it might still need a bit more sitting, resting, propping. I will keep that in my tomorrow.


Which, I don’t need to tell anyone is a Friday.


Despite the lingering cold and the painful foot, this was a much better week than last. It has been great to get caught up with students and some friends and showered and dressed everyday. I am looking forward to going waterproof (meaning that the wound will have closed up completely and I no longer need to put my foot in a plastic bag.), wearing a shoe, and walking with a cane instead of crutches. I am hoping I can be three-for-three next week.


But enough about the foot.


I am still on Trump hiatus. It’s all too ridiculous. I am thinking of reading 1984 for some clues on where we might be headed. His EPA pick is mind-boggling. It's literally like he is finding the worst person for each job and saying, "Yup let's see how this person will do."


My biggest highlight today was a newly installed water bidet hose in the staff bathroom I frequent. Believe it or not, these are not standard operating procedure in Singapore and it goes without saying that I am a big fan.


The girls were both involved in United Nations Day performances, which were great, but I was so preoccupied with other things and the pain in my foot and the sneezing that I simply endured being in the auditorium and wasn’t fully able to let the peace and music wash over me. A big shout out to everyone involved in organizing it, it was tremendous and the girls had a blast.


Tomorrow should prove to be a mellow day, ending with me watching the Raider game after school. Media black out starts now, so please no updates. Also looking forward to Mary Jo and Patrick arriving to the house bright and early for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment